Ever since Stockholm Design Week I've been seeing glimpses of this exciting project. In collaboration with Danish brand Sørensen Leather, Note Design Studio have selected 20 different leathers across a beautiful range of natural hues. Inspired by elements of the landscape such as stone, sand and stormy seas, the resulting colour box enhances the unique and natural characteristics of the leather such as the uneven texture, warmth, softness and durability.
Working with different Scandinavian manufacturers, the leathers have been applied to a range of beautiful products including cushions, coffee tables, watches and seating. Here are some my favourite furniture pieces along with corresponding leather colours:
- Bollo Lounge Chair by Andreas Engesvik for Fogia - Spectrum Ginger
- Mega 2-Seater Sofa by Chris Martin for Massproductions - Savanne Grey
- Pulse Daybed by NOIDOI for Skagerak - Spectrum Mustard
- Feather swivel chair by Jens Fager for Edsbyn - Royal Nubuck Ecru
- Menu No-No Tables by Norm + Note - Spectrum Royal
Photography by Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen
I can't get enough of caramel and honey hues right now, and to me these colours go hand in hand with leather. A dream space, the textural element of the leather is further complimented by the addition of warm wood and curtains in similar hues. Find out more about the collaboration here.
Imagery via the Note Design Studio website and Facebook page